- Why should I give a gift certificate?
- How do I redeem my gift certificate?
- What if I don’t use the full value of my gift certificate?
- What happens if I would like to choose something that has a higher price than the amount of my gift certificate?
- What are the gifts in the Moments of Caring catalogue?
- Where does my money go?
- Will I receive a tax receipt?
- Why is giving my email address mandatory?
- How secure is my information?
- What does London Health Sciences Foundation do?
- What kinds of cards do you have?
- What if I don’t want to receive any cards?
- Do Moments of Caring eCards expire? Do they have to be retrieved within a specified period of time?
- How does the monthly option work?
- What if I need to cancel my monthly gift?
- What if my payment information changes during the 12 months?
1. Why should I give a gift certificate?
A Moments of Caring gift certificate is a good choice as it allows friends, family or colleagues to choose the gift that they would most like to have. With a gift certificate, the recipient can go online and browse our gift array and choose what’s right for them.
2. How do I redeem my gift certificate?
To redeem your gift certificate, simply go online and browse through our gift catalogue, once you’ve chosen the item(s) you would like to redeem for, simply add them to the shopping cart. When you have completed your selections, go to your shopping cart and click on redeem certificate and the system will take you through the next steps to check out.
3. What if I don’t use the full value of my gift certificate?
Please note that you may use more than one gift certificate in a single transaction; gift certificates must be used in one transaction; gift certificate balances are not carried over; and gift certificates do not apply to monthly product purchases.
4. What happens if I would like to choose something that has a higher price than the amount of my gift certificate?
You can choose something of a higher value by adding the item to your shopping cart. When it comes time to check out, click on gift certificate and enter your gift certificate code. The system will then calculate the outstanding amount, which you can simply charge to a credit card.
5. What are the gifts in the Moments of Caring catalogue?
Gifts purchased through the catalogue help create moments that change, improve and save the lives of patients and families – locally, throughout the region and around the world as our Hospital shares its research and discoveries. You can give gifts from the Moments of Caring catalogue on special occasions, throughout the holidays, for weddings or birthdays or just to let that special friend, colleague or family member know that you care about them and your community.
6. Where does my money go?
Gifts made through the Moments of Caring catalogue go directly towards funding the item or program you choose. If the item you have chosen to support has become fully funded since being added to the Moments of Caring catalogue, your gift will be directed towards the highest-priority needs of the program represented by that item.
7. Will I receive a tax receipt?
When you purchase a gift through the Moments of Caring catalogue, you are making a donation to London Health Sciences Foundation, which makes your purchase eligible for a tax receipt. If you make a one-time donation, you will receive an electronic tax receipt within 24 hours to the email address you provide.
8. Why is giving my email address mandatory?
Providing your email address allows us to reduce our costs, eliminates tax-receipting errors and ensures that you get your electronic tax receipt within 24 hours. If you do not have an email address, please call 519.685.8409 and we will help you with your order and arrange for you to receive your tax receipt by mail.
9. How secure is my information?
10. What does London Health Sciences Foundation do?
London Health Sciences Foundation (LHSF) is a Better Business Bureau-accredited charity and a member of Imagine Canada. Our goal is to link our community and health care experts together in pursuit of medical excellence at London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC).
11. What kinds of cards do you have?
We offer two kinds of cards:
- Electronic cards (eCard)
- PDF cards that you can print
You simply type your personalized message in your eCard before sending it. The eCard will be sent immediately or on a specific date you have indicated. Those who prefer to give a paper card to their recipients can download and print a PDF card. There is ample space for a personal message that you can handwrite in the PDF card.
12. What if I don’t want to receive any cards?
We offer you the option to not receive any cards for the selection of your gifts. You can simply choose the "no cards" option when checking out.
13. Do Moments of Caring eCards expire? Do they have to be retrieved within a specified period of time?
Moments of Caring eCards are sent directly to the recipient’s email inbox and will remain active as long as the recipient does not delete the email.
14. How does the monthly option work?
For those items that offer the option to select as monthly, you can choose to pay for the item with 12 equal payments instead of one lump sum. The monthly amount noted next to the gift will be charged to your credit card for 12 months starting on the 15th day of the month after you check out. Everything else will remain the same and your recipient will receive a card with your custom message and a description of the item you’ve selected.
15. What if I need to cancel my monthly gift?
We understand that sometimes unforeseen circumstances do occur. If you need to make any changes to your payments, please contact us by phone at 519.685.8409.
16. What if my payment information changes during the 12 months?
To avoid any interruption in your payments, please call us immediately if there are any changes to your payment information and we will take care of updating your records. Please contact us by phone at 519.685.8409.